Do you spend much time in Facebook groups? Over the past three months I can say I’ve spent quite a bit of time in different groups – reading, engaging, interacting and so on. BUT being the curious person I am there is one thing which I’m always a bit surprised about and it’s how many people don’t have their personal profile linked to their business page.
One of the best parts about Facebook groups is that you have to use your personal profile to join in so if I see someone write something I like my habit is to hover my mouse over their profile to see what their business is and if it interests me, often I will head over and have a look and in best case scenario like their page and possibly sign up for their opt in.
So many people don’t have it linked. Think about the main reasons we are normally in groups – to interact and network and hopefully grown our business. How are we going to grow our business if people can’t find our business page easily?
So let’s make it easy for them. By the way if you are worried about privacy it is possible to have this section of your profile public whilst the rest remains secure. Follow the steps below.
1. Click on your profile
2. Click on the little pencil in the top right hand corner next to the employment section
3. Click on add workplace
4. A drop down list will appear but start typing your business page – it must appear in the drop down list for this to work. Choose it.
5. Then choose your position – I’ve seen lots of different variations here. You can use your actual title – CEO or Manager or “Click here to view my business page”
Don’t worry if your title doesn’t appear in the drop down list for this one, it’s not as important.
More recently I’ve changed mine to give an overview of what I do. So I wrote in this section – FB Ads Specialist and Marketing Mentor.
6. The most important thing to note here is you must make this section public so anyone who is hovering over your profile photo can view your job. It’s our whole reason for doing this.
Make sure you press save.
7. If you want to add previous employers and experience you can do that now as well.
8. If you’ve already linked your profile to your business page but want to make some changes on your title and/or change it to public – you can simply click on the right hand side to edit or delete
After you’ve saved it it may ask you who else has worked at your business – most of the time this won’t be applicable so you can just ignore this message.
Great now your personal profile should be all linked up to your Facebook business page and people will be able to interact with you more easily.